Copeland's healthcare heroes have been nominated for prestigious national recognition.
Trudy has nominated teams and individuals from the constituency in the annual NHS Parliamentary Awards.
The awards were launched in 2018 to celebrate the 70th birthday of the NHS and to recognise the outstanding contribution of staff, volunteers and others working in the health and care sector.
All MPs are invited to make one entry per category, and Trudy invited suggestions from the community and local health organisations from which she made her selections.
Trudy has nominated the following:
- Excellence in Healthcare - Nichola Mitchinson, Nursing Sister at the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- The Excellence in Mental Health Care Award – LINK (Barnardo’s Young People Social Prescribing Service)
- The Excellence in Urgent and Emergency Care Award – A&E Teams at the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- The Excellence in Primary Care and Community Care Award – Practice Development CAPES Team at the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- The Future NHS Award – North Cumbria Health Pathways
- The Nursing and Midwifery Award – Maternity Teams at the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- The COVID Response Award – Paul Fieldhouse and the Vaccine Team at the North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
The nationally shortlisted entrants will be announced on June 13 and the Awards Ceremony will be held on July 6.
Trudy said: “It’s a privilege to be able to nominate teams and individuals from Copeland for this much-deserved national recognition.
“All those working for the NHS – or with the NHS – deserve our utmost gratitude for everything they do in going above and beyond for our community; not least over the incredibly challenging past two years.
“I’d like to thank everyone who submitted entry suggestions; the standard was an extremely high and it was a very difficult task to choose which nominees to put forward. I’d like to wish Copeland’s nominees the very best of luck!”
For more information on all of the nominees, visit www.trudyharrison.co.uk/nhs-parliamemtary-awards-2022